Saturday, January 20, 2007

5000 Gamerscore!

I've slowly become obsessed with Xbox 360 achievement points. They add a bit of permanence to your gaming. They give you more goals to aim for while playing. And they give you this little blip in game that says "You just did something cool!" And all of that makes gaming just that much more fun.

Last night was a milestone, as that I hit 5000 achievement points. Well to say that I did it isn't technically correct - Jessica pushed it to 5000 with a couple spectacular games of Lumines. Between Zuma and Lumines she's contributed somewhere around 200 of my total points. Considering that she also beat two DS games over the last month (New Super Mario Bros. and Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis), I think it's safe to say that she's on a roll.

There were rumors at some point that the PS3 would adopt a point system, but in the end it looks like it didn't. And I'm pretty sure the Wii didn't either. Which is too bad for them, because there will always be that little voice in my head urging me to prefer the 360 because it tells me I'm cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment